Sweet Pomegranate Plant - Punica granatum
The Sweet pomegranate tree grows sweet and delicious fruit. This is a low chill variety.
- Average mature height: 12-20 feet
- Container growing? Yes. Prune pomegranates as a bush with 3 to 6 main trunks and top them off to keep the height manageable.
- Fertilizer: Nitrogen/Phosphorus/Potassium in a 3/1/6 ratio
- Light: Full sun is ideal, but pomegranates will be fine in mostly sunny conditions too.
- Soil: Pomegranates adapt to most well-drained soils. They can grow in nutritionally poor soil but they do best in loamy soil.
- Zones: Perennial 6-10 (Pomegranates love warm, tropical climates but can take some cold without getting severely injured.)
Size. These ship in plug size pots when they are 2.5-6 inches tall so they can grow to maturity under your green thumb.
Plant care. Wish your thumb were a little greener? Visit our plant care page & become a gardening guru in no time.