Dwarf Everbearing Mulberry - Morus nigra
Mulberries are self-fertile and easy to grow. Not only is the fruit delicious, the leaves are also edible and tasty too. Cook the greens as a nice side at dinner or boil them to make tea. The Dwarf Everbearing Mulberry is an abundant producer that performs extremely well both when grown in a container or in the ground. If kept warm, the tree will produce over a long season. Scientific name: Morus nigra
- Average mature height: 2-6 feet
- Fertilizer: Unnecessary, but mulberries may benefit from a once a year application of 10-10-10.
- Light: Full to part sun
- Pests: Squirrels and grasshoppers like the leaves and can occasionally be a problem.
- Soil: Well-drained, fertile. Tolerates most conditions except for wet soil.
- Spacing: Consider planting away from walkways and driveways because the abundant fruit can be messy.
- Water: Average watering needs. Drought tolerant.
- Zones: 5-11
Plant size. Our plants ship in 3-inch-deep pots when they are 3-6 inches tall so they can grow to maturity under your green thumb.