Pomegranate Wonderful - Punica granatum
The Wonderful Pomegranate is a deciduous, shrub-like tree that produces red flowers in summer and delicious red fruit in early fall. You may recognize its flavor from your neighborhood grocer's produce section. Truly a Wonderful variety!
- Average mature height: 10 feet
- Container growing? Yes. Prune pomegranates as a bush with 3 to 6 main trunks and top them off to keep the height manageable.
- Fertilizer: Nitrogen/Phosphorus/Potassium in a 3/1/6 ratio
- Light: Full sun is ideal, but pomegranates will be fine in mostly sunny conditions too.
- Soil: Pomegranates adapt to most well-drained soils. They can grow in nutritionally poor soil but they do best in loamy soil.
- Zones: Perennial 7-10 (Pomegranates love warm, tropical climates but can take some cold without getting severely injured.)
GOOD TO KNOW
Plant size. Our plants ship in 3-inch-deep pots when they are 3-6 inches tall so they can grow to maturity under your green thumb.
Plant care. Wish your thumb were a little greener? Visit our plant care page & become a gardening guru in no time.