Shirin Pust Ghermez Saveh Pomegranate - Punica granatum
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Shirin Pust Ghermez Saveh is a sweet, red variety of pomegranate. It is self-fertile but improve your crop with two or more! This type needs 250 chill hours below 50 degrees Fahrenheit to produce.
• Average mature height: 8-15 feet
• Container growing? Yes. Prune pomegranates as a bush with 3 to 6 main trunks and top them off to keep the height manageable.
• Fertilizer: Nitrogen/Phosphorus/Potassium in a 3/1/6 ratio
• Light: Full sun is ideal, but pomegranates will be fine in mostly sunny conditions too.
• Soil: Pomegranates adapt to most well-drained soils. They can grow in nutritionally poor soil but they do best in loamy soil.
• Zones: Perennial 6-11 (Pomegranates love warm, tropical climates but can take some cold without getting severely injured.)
A baby plant, that is 3-8 inches tall, will arrive at your home in a 3-inch-deep pot. Then, raise your new baby to maturity under your caring, green thumb.
Questions or Problems?
We have shipped thousands of plants safely to their destinations; however, please send us a picture of your plant(s) within 48 hours of arrival if you have any questions or problems. We can then assess for our Live Delivery Guarantee.
A few leaves may die during shipping. No fear! It's still healthy and will grow new leaves. Trim old growth and repot into a larger pot to encourage new growth.
Power up your fruit, nut, berry and bean plants with Wellspring Gardens' premium slow-release Fruit, Nut & Berry Fuel. Apply the specified amount to your plant's soil surface. The formula lasts 90 days when soil temperature is 80°.
• 5-inch round pot: 3/4 tablespoon
• 1-gallon potted plant: 3 tablespoons
• 2-gallon potted plant: 6 tablespoons
Cold Weather Shipping
We don’t advise shipping in freezing temperatures. Please ensure temperature lows in your area aren't under 35℉ when you order. If they are that low, just email us and we will be happy to hold your order. Also, make sure to track your package closely and retrieve it as soon as it arrives. We insulate packages bound for cold destinations. We do not, however, use heat packs.